OCOVIDA provides an open science portal to see and investigate the COVID19 infections and deaths as a function of time for the US states, the districts in Germany, and most other countries in the world.
Use OSCOVIDA to monitor the pandemic, second waves, local outbreaks and motivate social distancing and support for other containment measures.
We provide a standard a set of analysis plots (explained here) for different regions:
- List of all regions, countries and US states
- Overview for each country in the world (Johns Hopkins data)
- States in the US (Johns Hopkins data)
- Counties (Landkreise) in Germany (Robert Koch Institute data)
Occasionally, we try to put COVID19 numbers reported in the news into context.
The plots and code here has been put together by volunteers who have no training in epidemiology. There are likely to be errors in the processing. You are welcome to use the material at your own risk. See license for details.
- The H2020 project Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud PaNOSC)
- European XFEL
- University of Southampton
- Johns Hopkins University provides data for countries
- Robert Koch Institute provides data for within Germany
- Open source and scientific computing community for the data tools, in particular numpy, scipy, pandas, matplotlib
- Github for hosting repository and html files
- Project Jupyter for the Notebook and Binder service
This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 823852.